1. Independent University of Bangladesh
- Independent University of Bangladesh (IUB), the highest ranked private university in the country, was established in 1993. Currently, over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students attend IUB. Four schools offer undergraduate programs: the School of Business, the School of Engineering & Computer Science, the School of Environmental Science & Management and the School of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences. Also, 15 graduate programs are offered at the master's level. IUB offers exchange study programs with schools in the United States, Ireland and Australia.
Independent University of Bangladesh
2. North South University
- North South University was the country's first private institution of higher learning, established in 1992. Currently, 9,000 students are enrolled at North South. The university offers 26 degree programs: 16 undergraduate programs and 10 master's programs.
North South University
3. Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology
- Established in 1995, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST) is ranked as the third highest private university in Bangladesh. It focuss on excellence in science, engineering and technology. AUST offers bachelor's programs in the Faculties of Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Business and Social Science and Education. The university offers master's degrees in mathematics, education and business administration.
Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology
4. BRAC University
- BRAC University was established in 2001 to provide an institution of higher learning that is responsive to the needs of society so graduates can encourage the nation's development. The university offers nice undergraduate degrees and 10 graduate degrees.
5. East West University
- East West University is "an institution that promotes eastern culture and values, and meaningfully blends eastern and western thought and innovation." East West University began in 1996. Today, it has approximately 5,000 students and offers degree programs in Business and Economics, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and Sciences and Engineering.
East West University
6. American International University Bangladesh
- Established in 1994, American International University Bangladesh offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Arts and Social Science, Business Administration, Engineering and Science.
American International University Bangladesh
7. University of Science and Technology Chittagong
- The University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC) was established in the early 1990s to provide quality medical, pharmaceutical, business and modern technology education.
University of Science and Technology Chittagong
8. University of Development Alternative
- University of Development Alternative was opened in 2002 to identify the needs of the nation and determine how its students can meet those needs. The university offers undergraduate degrees in 11 different areas.
University of Development Alternative
9. International Islamic University Chittagong
- Established in 1995, International Islamic University Chittagong is the largest private university in Bangladesh with around 10,500 students.
- It offers degrees in "Shari'ah, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business Studies and Modern Sciences, including Computer Science & Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Aqua-Culture, Computer & Communication Engineering, and Media & Information Science."
International Islamic University Chittagong
10.United International University
- United International University offers programs in Business Administration, Science and Engineering, English, Natural Sciences and Business and Economic Research. Many of its programs began in 2006.
United International University